Please quote competition number 13.0486-87
An exciting opportunity exists for two (2) Advance Practice Nurses with an interest in developing emergency department services for frail seniors, the Regional Geriatric Program of Toronto’s (RGP) Geriatric Emergency Management (GEM). The Advance Practice Nurses will join the existing GEM Nurse team that works at the Humber River Hospital Emergency Departments and will also be a member of the GEM team coordinated by the RGP.
Hours of Work (Subject to Change):
- Monday to Friday Days (mix of 8 & 12 hours)
- Scheduled to work from Humber River Hospital Emergency Departments (alternate between Finch and Church sites)
- Some weekend coverage required
As a GEM Nurse you will:
- Develop and evaluate models of service to better serve frail seniors who visit the emergency department.
- Liaise with other hospital, community and long-term care services in the region
- Together with the other GEM nurses in the city and across the province, you will develop ways to build the province’s capacity to deliver more effective emergency services for frail seniors.
- Completion of Masters Degree in Nursing (required); candidates who have completed a BScN and are enrolled in a Masters program in Nursing will be considered
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (required) Member of the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (an asset
- Gerontological Nursing Certification (preferred) Minimum 5 years experience in geriatrics and/or emergency services
- Additional qualifications include, excellent oral and written communication skills, knowledge of the principles of adult education, comfort with computers, and the capacity for both self-direction and collaboration within the context of an interdisciplinary team.
Qualified internal applicants should submit an internal application with their resume and covering letter (please quote the competition number and position title in the subject line of an email submission):
Humber River Hospital
2111 Finch Ave West
Toronto, ON M3N 1N1
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.