HOURS OF WORK (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
- 8 hour and 4 hour rotations.
- This position is for the Surgical Program.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Scrubbing and circulating duties in minor surgical clinics.
- Care of patients post minor surgical procedures.
- Assisting physician with procedures in the Orthopedic fracture clinic.
- Participation in departmental teams/committees as required.
- Care planning and coordination of care with various team members.
- Utilization of computerized systems for documentation of patients as required.
- Resource /team leader responsibilities.
- Preceptor ship of nursing students.
PRE-REQUISITES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:'
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Current BLCS required.
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in surgical clinics required.
- Successful completion of a Wound Management certificate required.
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in wound care management and complex dressings required.
- Demonstrates proficiency in initiating IV therapy, IV push medication and venipuncture required.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills required, with an ability to work with a multidisciplinary team, patients, family members and visitors.
- Demonstrates good patient assessment skills. Completion of the Health assessment course preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with an ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates excellent patient/family teaching skills.
- Demonstrates good problem solving skills and an ability to work well independently with minimal supervision.
- A positive attendance record is required.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume in writing with a covering letter to (please quote the position title in the subject line of an email submission):
Human ResourcesHumber River Hospital2111 Finch Avenue West Toronto, Ontario M3N 1N1 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-4413 for assistance.